As PTs the biggest issue we see is that people are too rounded and need thoracic extension. This is not just about posture. It’s also about pulmonary function. It's so underestimated how much lack of movement affects how big your breath can be. This is about the elderly not being able to cough or inhale and falling prey to illnesses such as pneumonia. The second biggest issue is a lack of spinal rotation. Rotation feeds the spine by bringing in all of the blood flow, oxygen and cerebrospinal fluid. The third biggest problem is a lack of mobility in the hips. To wrap up this episode Kristin answers the following audience questions:
- What is the best exercise for scoliosis in the spine?
- What should you do about pain in feet and the peroneal tendon during and after running?
- What is the best way to help with tight hip muscles?
- Do PTs welcome clients without referrals or when things aren't necessarily ‘wrong’?
- Do you have any tips for a winged scapula?
- Is whiplash recovery possible after 20 years?