What’s happening when the body is sitting for a while?
Sitting for longer periods of time causes your blood to flow slower, and can create serious heart problems. Sitting also alters your digestive system, and can create an issue with properly releasing toxins from the body. From a skeletal stance, without movement, your core has less demand which can cause your posture to worsen, and can create neck, back, and shoulder pain.
How do we begin to change?
With tech being a big part of our world now, I know that this doesn’t have just one answer that will solve the epidemic for us all. Waking up to the fact that we all know the evidence is here, and trying our best to maintain daily movement is important.
- Encourage your employees to walk 10,000 steps
- Walk more
- Stand up and move every 10 minutes
- Find an accountability partner
- Read: Get Up! by James Levine
- Check out movementbylara.com
- Online LYT Daily yoga classes with Lara: movementbylara.vhx.tv